DIY: BACK TO SCHOOL CALENDAR
What you’ll need:
- Picture Frame (As large or as small as you want)
- Stencil or Stick on Letters
- Coloured Cardstock
- Dry Erase Markers
- Stickers or Paper Art ( Paper flowers form Michaels)
- Start by removing the backing from your picture frame. I used the paper insert for my Calendar but you could definitely use bristol board. Feel free to add colourful or patterned paper here.
2. Cut your cardstock so that you can fit 7 across and 5 down. I cut my pieces into 3 inches by 4 inches.
3. Use your stencil and/or stick on letters to decorate the top of your Calendar. I used a stencil for the first letter of each day and I used stick on letters for the header.
4. Now the fun part! Put the backing back into the frame and use your dry erase markers to add numbers to your calender. If this is for your kids you can assign them different colours… allow them to draw on it and yes… even add stickers.
5. This is such a fun way to get them excited to head back to school (and to stay organized too).
You can watch my segment on Morning Live here:
I tried this and love it!!!
So glad you got to try it out;).
Love this idea! Definitely trying!
Thanks so much!